[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fw: Your book has been marked for more editing

  • From: "traci" <season@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 04:46:25 -0700

this book, a moth to a flame, was only 200 and some odd pages. i did not
receive the email for chances which was 800 plus pages. if i do i swear i'm
gonna have a conniption! but everything you said is true. in some cases, i have
scanned a page up to ten times, no exageration, trying to get it right. i am a
perfectionist and when i scan, now that i know how to do it, i do my level best
to get rid of all the random junk the scanner finds and dumps in there like a
bullet here, a dropped i there etc. i have submitted somewhere around 6 or 7
books and i have yet to have one make the collection. the first one i
understood because i was new to scanning and there were admittedly some major
problems. i submitted the wrong file and once it was done, there was nothing i
could do about it. but the others in my humble opinion, have been very clean
scans once i cleaned them up. in one case, i compared the printed book to an
audiobook i checked out from the library when sighted help wasn't here. so go
figure. i know i sound like a brat so i'l go and sit in time out. but at this
point, i'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy and this isn't book sharing at all,
i'm reading books i like and the ones i try to share just sit there or get
rejected. boohoo. i'm going to bed. it's 4'"46 anyway.