[bookshare-discuss] Re: Daily new book lists are now on web

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: johni2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:13:54 -0400

Hi all,

<LOL> expensive? Expensive? <LOL> Johnny, my friend, you don't know the half of it! System Access is the "Low priced spread". If you're balking at $500.00, you should look at Window-Eyes at $895.00 or Jaws at $1,195.00. Oh, <LOL> expensive! Both Open Book and Kurzweil software for the scanner costs $995.00. You are yelling about $500.00. Oh, <LOL> now maybe you can understand why some of us keep our rates down to an absolute minimum so that people who have to shell out money for software can get the tutoring they so desperately need? Maybe now you can understand the frustration we feel when every single piece of adaptive equipment or software costs the moon because the market is so small? Oh, <LOL> sorry to give you such an eye opener, but it's kinda necessary. System Access is a good, low priced solution for people seeing access without all the bells and whistles offered by higher priced software. The problem here is that because SA only supports two braille displays, the deaf-blind, an even smaller market, are forced to pay even more money to get access. Life is, as they say, most definitely not fair sometimes.

Still chuckling sardonically,
Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons