[bookshare-discuss] Re: Better Scans?

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 00:20:52 -0500

Hi, Kellie!  I'll keep my ears open for used Optacons if you want.  I've
even heard of cases where they were free to any blind person who wanted one
and was lucky enough to get the first call or e-mail in. <Smile>  When I
received Optacon training, I was taught to recognize lower-case letters as
well as upper-case, of course.  I believe that my teacher used a sheet of
letters that had been especially created for this purpose, but it seems to
me that I recall some alphabet sets for kids that did include the lower-case
letters.  It might be a fun thing for you to pursue during a spare moment.
And from the sound of it, you're so sharp that a moment is about all it
would take for you to recognize those pesky lower-case letters that aren't
included in those magnetic sets that we both apparently got our hands on as
small children. <Smile>

Jana