[bookshare-discuss] Re: Anyone else having trouble downloading books from the collection?

  • From: David Goldfield <disciple1211@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:24:42 -0500

Lynda,
Six years is too long to be a member of Bookshare without being able to read a single book. Let's help you to end this cycle so you can have six years of reading books!!! You've come to the right place because this list has savvy members who can assist. I'd like to be one of them and I offer my help to you in trying to correct this problem.

First, could you give us a little bit of information about the computer you are using. Specifically, here is what we on this list should know so that we can help you. Do you know which version of Windows you're using, assuming you're using a Windows computer. In other words, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8? If you're not using Windows can you tell us which operating system and which version you're using? In other words, is it an Apple Mac computer? Secondly, which Web browser are you using? In other words, are you using Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. Also, if you're using a screen reader could you tell us which one it is and, if you know it, which version of the screen reader are you using? These questions may seem like they have nothing to do with Bookshare. However, they will give us some information which will then be able to help you to not only download your books but also to locate and read them. Finally, what device are you using for reading which you'd like to use to read your Bookshare books? As an example: Victor Stream, NLS Digital player, Victor Reader Soft, etc.

As a passionate book reader and one who loves Bookshare I am personally committed to helping you begin reading your books and I know that many on this list share my passion.

Don't worry about what you feel that you know or don't know about technology. Just do the best that you can and we'll do the best that we can to work with you.

David
Lynda wrote:
Hi Judy:

Yes, I too have been having trouble downloading books. Once I download the books I can't find them anywhere on my computer. I've been a bookshare member for most of six years and I have yet to read one book because of constant technology problems. First of all, I am not at all technology savvy and I don't care to be. But, technology is the world we live in today and I realize and accept that I need to know how to do certain things. My good typing has been and is my saving grace in this. Thank you Jesus! I was hoping to put new books on my new bookshelf and use it like a library. I couldn't even find the books on my history page. I am hoping to at last really read them once I can find them and put them away on my shelf. Anybody want to help? I can be reached at this address: lynda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and before the day is over, I will also be reachable at: lynda@xxxxxxxxxxxx, once my service is restored.

Blessings to All:

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>