[bookshare-discuss] Re: A question

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:40:04 -0500

Hi all,

Lelia, you need to tell Windows what program to associate the BRF files with. Are you planning to read the files on your computer, with a notetaker, or what. It will make a difference in how your other questions are answered. If I were going to use DAISY and read them on my computer I'd download the Victor Soft player from Bookshare. Also, you will need the unpack tool as well. Now, if you're using Open Book or Kurzweil to read the files, you don't need these. If you write me privately and tell me how you plan to read the books, I can help you better.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring