[bookport] Re: question and suggestion

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:28:18 -0400

Yes, the one beep keys for 7 and 9 have been eliminated.  That was a bad =
idea using a beep function for common navigation.

We're not going to change that 8 key function before the release, but that =
is something to consider.

>>> chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, September 15, 2004 7:22:17 AM >>>
hi, i disagree about the 8 key.
leave it as is.
if i want all info, and i know i want all info, i'm just going to hit the =
8=3D
 for one beep. if i wanted the % in your suggestion, i would need to hit =
8,=3D
 then hold 8 for one beep to get the rest.
Chris

On 9/14/2004 at 11:40 PM Barrett, Don wrote:

>1. Have the one-beep 7 and 9 keys for reading sections been disabled =
in=3D
 =3D3D
>favor of the new section and subsection reading keys?
>
>2. This may be picky, but I think it could really refine the info we =
get=3D
 =3D3D
>from the eight key.  If hit while reading, we just get the percent =
read=3D
 =3D3D