[bookport] Re: possible bug

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 08:09:21 -0400

Don:

Unfortunately, Send As Music does not apply to Audible books. In short, =
Digital Talking Books and Audible books are never considered music by our =
software, basically because they are books. If you think about it, they =
way it works is an advantage. For example, if you are sending music files =
and decide to send an Audible book, you don't have to concern yourself =
with the Send As Music check box.

Rob Meredith

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 10/03/04 08:58PM >>>
I sent two audible books to the unit with the "send files as music" =3D
checked.  Unfortunately, to my dismay, they were compressed, as if "send =
=3D
as music" had been unchecked and I had picked compression from Audio =3D
Options.  I really think that checking "send as music" should disable =3D
any compression previously set when "send as music" is unchecked. =3D20

Of course, if you uncheck "send as music" this should reinstate the =3D
compre3ssion settings one desires.

Don

Don