[bookport] no response from bookport problem?

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:40:49 +0200

Pam,

>In the case of the unit stopping and the issue of batteries, it is a known
issue with the battery contacts.

The contacts in my Book Port appear to be fine - they are not bent flat in
any respect. The batteries fit very snugly  - and they were firmly in place
but the unit still wouldn't work, which  makes me suspect that something
more is at issue.

I've had electronic gizmos all my life, and have had my share of problems
with battery contacts, but this looks like a different kind of problem.

If it is the battery contacts, do you recommend the use of contact fluids
or anything else to improve conductivity?  I.e., something along the lines
of a do-it-yourself repair?

Peter