[bookport] Re: no response from bookport problem?

Chris:

In the case of the unit stopping and the issue of batteries, it is a
known issue with the battery contacts. Therefore, we recommend when
inserting batteries, that you always insert them with the flat end
first. This will eliminate additional pressure on your contacts and
prevent them from being bent, which is what causes them to die.  If you
can get into that habit, you can prevent this from happening.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/17/05 10:44AM >>>
Chris,

I've had mine for 2 years now and have only very rarely had this
problem.
When I have had it, it's always been a case of the card needing to be
reformatted  or the unit needing to be reset.  It has always been
something
I could fix myself without needing to send the unit back to APH.  There
are
several methods one might try to resolve these issues when they do
arise,
including the ones I've mentioned and others that I'm sure you will
read
about on this list.  In short, I've found the BP to be among the most
stable
of technical products I use.  Lou