[bookport] Re: i pod

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:23:22 -0500

By the way, in case you guys haven't heard, there is speech software for the
IPOD now.  Oh, by the way it is being developed by amature programmers who post
their work on the web at rockbox.org.  It is very difficult to setup including
requiring basicly reinstalling the operating system.  If you are really brave,
have a lot of patience, don't mind looking in at least 6 different places on
the website to find all the information you need to get the software installed,
and finally doing a great deal of the installation at the windows command
prompt; then maybe you might want to give it a try.  Now, when you crash your
IPOD so it doesn't work any more don't go asking for help at your local
adaptive technology department because they won't have a clue, and probably
will not have even heard of the software.  One of the techs in our department
has gotten 1 IPOD working with the software after a fashion after over a month
of trying, and he says it still isn't working the way it is suppose to work,
but knowing this guy he will keep at it until he makes it work.