[bookport] daisy books

  • From: "Ed Meskys" <edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:18:02 -0400

playing daisy books    I have had my bookport for several months now and
have read many books downloaded as TXT files. I read the manual and keep
going back and re-reading parts, but I still have a lot to learn. Anyhow,
RFB&D has sent me several books in DAISY format but I only have a Victor
Vibe which is very klunky to use. I think RFB&D sells software to play them
on your computer CD drive, and last year Freedom came out with a similar
program. Which is easier to use, and how do prices compare? If I transfer
the daisy book to my bookport will I be able to speed up/slow down the
playing? Or do I have to pick a speed while it is on the computer and am
limited to that speed on the bookport?
I am annoyed that the Vibe will not speed up audio CDs and MP3 disks. If Dub
them to my bookport can I play games with the speed?
Thanks,
Edmund R. Meskys
edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Niekas Publications