[bookport] Re: bookport suggestion

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:03:04 +1300

Hi Josh and list:

Yesterday I attended a presentation about a variety of products marketed by a local vendor. He made the point that when people want a product to do too many things, it ends up losing the original focus for which it was originally designed. Now I can appreciate the benefits of a hardware synthesiser. I use two of them. But becoming another means of output for a screen reader doesn't logically fit into a device that gives us a portable reading system. This is only my opinion, but doubt it is in the minority.

Cheers,

Dave