[bookport] Re: better recording quality in the book port

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:43:24 -0500

Since I also run a recording studio, albeit a home studio, I would also appreciate a better quality voice recorder in the BP. The quality is so poor now, I refuse to use it. Just my opinion, guys.

If someone disagrees, that's okay.

At 01:14 PM 9/15/2005, you wrote:
OK, Here is my new feature for today. I am sure it has been mentioned before, but I have some different observations after playing with a number of MP3 players that have very good sound recorders in them. So, you've probably guessed by now that I want a recorder that is a bit better than the one we already have in the book port. Yes, the book port is a reading device, just as the other commercial MP3 players are marketed as MP3 players, but many of them have recorders. This seems to me to be just as vital or even more so for the book port. If people are reading a book, it would be nice to quickly be able to record a memo that might relate to what they are reading. Now, my bias is for a very good quality recorder. I guess that comes from my running a recording studio. But, how good it has to be will be a factor of price, what others want, and a few other things I can't possibly know. The bottom line is that I would like the quality of the voice recorder in the book port to be somewhat better than it is now.

Thanks.
Neal

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218