[bookport] Re: Update to my problem

  • From: Richard Turner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:27:13 -0700

I know others who have had trouble getting the transfer software to see the book port through a usb hub.
Pehaps the folks at APH could address this. Is that a known restriction? Can they duplicate it?

Richard

on 09:01 AM 4/23/2006 Caroline Congdon wrote:
Hi everyone. Well, after writing my original message I figured I'd remove the only other thing from my system that had changed since the last time I connected my BP, my Focus 40 braille display. I connected the BP and the transfer software came up immediately. I plugged the Focus into a USB port directly on my computer rather than the 4-port hub that I was using and now both devices are working together with no problems so I suspect it was too much for the hub.

Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin <mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx>mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx Check out my blog at <http://ccongdon.wordpress.com>http://ccongdon.wordpress.com or add me to your Livejournal friends list with username tazcat