[bookport] Unable to transfer a web audio file

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:43:34 -0600

Hello everybody.  I am having difficulty transferring an audio magazine from
the nls web audio site to my book port.  Let me rephrase that.  I have
transferred the August 23, 2004 issue of People Weekly to my computer and am
now having trouble transferring the file to my book port.  Please use the
arrow keys.  The syntax is c:\my downloads\people_2004-08-23.wav.  I have
used the speak summary in Window-eyes to hear the file name and all that is
left out is the dot w a v part.  I have highlighted the file name in the
c:\my downloads folder and then used the context key to go to send to pull
down and open that and then highlight book port and receive an error message
saying that this type of file can't be filtered or whatever it is.  Also, I
have typed the file name as I showed you above and am told that the file
c:\my downloads\people_2004-08-23.wav cannot be found.  What's going on
here?

Michael Massey