[bookport] Re: To whom it may concern.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:26:19 -0700

Phil, I don't understand what you are saying. I have had my Bookport for two and a half years. I have never had to do this. If I forget to put an Audible book on the Bookport, I just connect it, and transfer the file. Why would you have to reformat the card? Are you speaking of adding several parts to an Audible book? I transfer the different parts to a book one at a time to make sure I have them in order, creating a separate folder for each book. But if they are not in proper order, it is really not worth reformatting the card over. The part number is in the file name, so if they are not in sequence, I just navigate to the part I want to read. If I am misunderstanding you, please let me know, and I'll help if I can.

At 09:33 AM 8/26/2007 -0500, you wrote:
I must say, I have derived many hours of reading pleasure from my book port. One thing you would half to applaud is the play amplifier and it's ability to drive a set of ear buds. With book port one is able to read in even the noisiest environments. Also, it's unparalleled navigation is intuitive and easy to use. Even though I was disappointed with the speech engine I am glad I bought a book port. Having said all that, the book port has some little quirks that in my humble opinion should be corrected. For instance, you are going on vacation and have downloaded five books from audible. In your haste you miss transferring one book to book port and go back to retrieve it. The only way to accomplish this small task is to reformat the card and start over. Before you abandon your loyal trusting customers who plunked down our four hundred plus dollars several years ago in favor of the persons who by the book port two I think it would behoove you to correct this imperfection. I am not computer savvy enough to no if this glitch could be addressed in a firm wear update or a new version of the book port transfer manager but it is really a bitch and a boar when it happens. I no this message will prompt you in to action and I will be anxiously awaiting your reply.

   Phil Parr.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.