[bookport] Re: The need to reset BookPort

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:12:29 -0600

Jerry, I had a similar problem and stopped using rechargable batteries and
the problem went away.  Curious to know if you are using rechargable batteries?

At 05:04 PM 11/22/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Had I been more carefully monitoring all posts to this list, I might have
>seen something about a problem that I am beginning to find quite annoying.
>After several hours on the shelf or in my briefcase, I'll take out the
>BookPort to continue listening to a piece, only to get no response at all,
>as though the batteries were completely flat. The only remedy, a farely
>simple one, is to temporarily break the connection between the batteries and
>the unit, this, of course, causing the BookPort to annoyingly revert to its
>firmware defaults. Also, as of the latest release of the firmware has come
>another problem, I'm sure discussed several times here. For no apparent
>reason, the BookPort just stops reading, requiring that I press the read
>button to get it going again, not a big thing but a little bothersome
>nonetheless. I'm wondering whether or not the first problem that I mentioned
>is somehow linked to the option that allows one to silence the locked key
>beeps. Just a thought since I am unable to peek at the source code.
>
>Still very happy with my unit,
>
>Jerry

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail:  Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training