[bookport] Re: The need to reset BookPort

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:47:53 -0500

Hi Jerry.

Does this happen everytime the unit sits idle for a while?  If so, does it =
happen even immediately after the double-beep shutdown sound?

>>> jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx Monday, November 22, 2004 5:04:36 PM >>>
Had I been more carefully monitoring all posts to this list, I might have
seen something about a problem that I am beginning to find quite annoying.
After several hours on the shelf or in my briefcase, I'll take out the
BookPort to continue listening to a piece, only to get no response at all,
as though the batteries were completely flat. The only remedy, a farely
simple one, is to temporarily break the connection between the batteries =
and
the unit, this, of course, causing the BookPort to annoyingly revert to =
its
firmware defaults. Also, as of the latest release of the firmware has come
another problem, I'm sure discussed several times here. For no apparent
reason, the BookPort just stops reading, requiring that I press the read
button to get it going again, not a big thing but a little bothersome
nonetheless. I'm wondering whether or not the first problem that I =
mentioned
is somehow linked to the option that allows one to silence the locked key
beeps. Just a thought since I am unable to peek at the source code.

Still very happy with my unit,

Jerry