[bookport] Re: Rechargeable batteries

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:32:32 -0600

BlankIt is actually a Rayovac charger and I think they still sell them. A
couple of warnings. I love the 15 minute charger, but one has to ask if there
is really a difference between 15 minutes and an hour. The nice 15 minute
charger can only charge IC3 batteries that rapidly. For other NIMH batteries,
it can only trickle charge them meaning about 6 hours I believe. If, on the
other hand, you purchase a regular NIMH charger, it will charge any NIMH,
including IC3, in about an hour. I don't regret my purchase of the IC3 charger,
and it's lots of fun to be on the cutting edge, but really 15 minutes VS 1
hour, and the number of batteries I have makes the distinction more interesting
than practical.

GIF image