[bookport] Re: Question regarding error message

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:12:58 -0500

Usually that means she needs to format the CF card.

At 03:51 PM 8/19/2006, you wrote:
Hi,
I was trying to help a friend get her brand-new Book Port running, and she
ran into a very confusing snag.  Before she called me, she had a sighted guy
install the software.  He says that when he got the message about updating
BP firmware, he kept getting an error message.  That one was something about
general failure.  They called me *after* all that.
I had her pop the batteries out and back in, the card out then in, press
reset -- and still, she kep hearing the message: "SF memory drobj
structure".  At least, that's what she told me it is saying to her.
Anybody know what I can tell her to do to get things straightened out?
Thanks in advance.

Deborah

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218