[bookport] New Book Port: Only silence

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:50:09 -0500

Hi,
My new Book Port has arrived.  Before I go any farther, let me say I am a
complete novice.  Until I took mine out of the box, I had not seen one.

I started listening to the tape, and, of course, the first thing was the
battery installation.

Following the tape instructions, I installed the batteries.

Nothing.  Dead silence.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled the batteries.  Nothing.

I got another set of new batteries, and tried installing, and, then,
reinstalling.  Nothing.

The Book Port appears to be dead in the water.

Each time, I have checked to be sure the batteries are well seated.

So, at this point, I am sstuck.

Crystal