[bookport] Re: More braille suggestions

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:29:21 +1300

Hi James and list:

I especially like your idea of a date format setting. To me, it is a fairly
small matter because I accept as I must. But I do live in a country that
uses what I will call the unamerican format for dates. When I have shown
others all the Bookport can do, they always notice the date being in what
they consider to be the wrong format. Sadly enough, it is one of the things
they feel strongly enough about that they think it is a useless feature
because it can't be adjusted in the way familiar to them. The Braille note
accomplishes this very nicely by offering choices of UK and US date formats.
If the Bookport could do the same, it would easily raise its appeal to the
international market. By the way, New Zealand uses American Braille
translation rules, so we don't have to grapple with that issue. But that
brings up another idea. What about a Braille translation setting?

Cheers,
Dave

Cheers,
Dave