[bookport] Re: How Low Will It Go?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:41:17 -0400

Bob -

As someone else indicated, you can only play format 4 files on the Book
Port. I wish it would handle other formats, since some books (especially
older ones) simply aren't available in format 4.

You can't convert format 4 books into another format (or vice-versa), but
once you've bought a book from Audible, it remains in the "Read Programs"
section of your library and can be downloaded again and again at no charge
in any format in which it's available.