[bookport] Re: High-Performance CF Cards

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:36:06 -0700

I suspect the most likely area where we might notice some advantage in speed
would be when listening to audio files, particularly high quality mp3 files,
or when we have very large files or large capacity CF cards with a lot of
stuff on them.
It's like if you have a small drawer, no matter how fast you look through
it, finding things won't be tough, or take long if there's not much space to
look in. If you've got a huge drawer, with large files in it, then speed
might be more crucial.
Will we ever need to read at 8 megs a second as some of the cards can do?
No, I doubt it, and the book port doesn't even write anything that takes up
that much room, so write speed is even less crucial I suspect.
But at a certain point, you get what you can get. And if the less expensive
card happens to be a real fast card, then get it!

Rusty

Skype: rustyperez
Yahoo and AIM: reliroo
Check out my blog at