[bookport] Christopher, don't act hastily!

  • From: "Michael Hingson" <MHingson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:55:53 -0700

Christopher,

Actually, I find the Bookport to be quite stable.  One of the strengths of the
unit is that APH is working so hard to make improvements to it on an on-going
basis.  APH has made it possible for many of us to evaluate and use beta
software between VERY STABLE standard software and firm releases.

I do not know why you are experiencing MP3 creation problems.  I transfer MP3
files as well as RFBD books to my bookport all the time without problems.  The
only time I have had a difficulty is when I had a corrupted MP3 file which
played fine on my computer but which did not convert due to corruptions.

I urge you not to send back the unit.  It is as stable as any software-based
device can be so long as you use officially released software and firmware
versions.  Should you like to talk about this off line please feel free to
email me at mhingson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx