[bookport] Re: BookPort Doesn't Show up when trying to Send Books

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:50:58 -0500

This is what has worked for me. Disable Bookport Launcher in MSConfig. Bookport Transfer will not load at start-up. Connect your Bookport. If XP opens a window giving the BP as a storage device, close that window by pressing alt-F4. With the BP connected, load BP Transfer, and see if that works for you. If it doesn't, you might have to disconnect all other USB devices and try to reconnect the Bookport.

I'm not sure why this particular method works for me.  All I know is, it does!

At 07:14 PM 8/29/2007 -0400, you wrote:
Hi, all of a sudden my Bookport doesn't show up when trying to send Cued books. It is showing up as a disk drive, but BookPort transfer shows it is disconnected.

This seems to have happened after installing the Braille Plus software, but did not happen immediately so this may not be related.

I have tried reinstalling bookPort transfer and Book Wizard reader with no effect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Irwin Hott <<mailto:ishott@xxxxxxxx>ishott@xxxxxxxx>

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.