[bookcourier] Re: Lithium Energiser Batteries

  • From: "Bruce Lamden" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:39:34 +0100

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the heads up on the 2 for 1 offer at Argos. I checked it out on
their web site and the offer is available there too. However, it is
confusing because it has different prices in different places!

The main section say £5.99 for a 2 pack and you can get two for the price of
one. If you drill down into the "more info" section it says the price is
£3.99 and that if you want to take advantage of the two for one offer you
should order two of the packs.

If I recall correctly the offer is open until towards the end of July.

I did a brief web search and the cheapest I found a 2 pack was £3.10
excluding postage. The Argos offer seems extremely good.

One observation. The Argos web site shows a picture of the pack and it
clearly has printed on it "up to 5 times the life of alkaline". Yes the
Argos description right next to the picture says "up to 7 times the life".

One question. I discovered there are two version of the Energizer AA
lithiums. The one we are talking about here. And one called Energizer AA 9.1
lithium which costs more money. The latter are not sold at Argos. I can't
find anywhere which says what the difference is.

Bruce.