[blindza] Re: Sore eyes, etc.

  • From: "Retha" <retha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:29:43 +0200

Hi Jacob

Now this is one I know.  First the easy one - I think you might hear from
more people who could first see (even only partially like me) that you still
se funny shapes.  As I'm typing this, I see lots of light points like stars
and inbetween floating things.  I always just thought it should be so - no
harm in them, any way.

As for the sandy feeling and pain, I really think you should find you
another oculist and let them have a look.  I had cornea transplants and my
eyes become dry very easily.  However, these days they also sometimes get
infection which is rather painful.  Sometimes the cornea can also grow into
a point and literally scratch against your eyelashes.  I know this sounds
gory, but there are usually reasons for the warnings we get.  Then again,
you may have glaucoma and not feel a thing.  Even though I can't use my eyes
any more, I think it is still important to have them seen to from time to
time.  Sometimes some stuff may be lurking which you don't even know about.

I wish I could have you visit my doctor here in Kimberley - he is one of the
most normal, friendly and outspoken people I know.  He always tells me
precisely what is going on and does not make me feel like an idiot either.
And of course, often one's fears are way beyond reality.

So I suggest, find you another nice doctor!  All the best.

Retha