[blindwoodworker] Automatic Wood Burning Equipment

  • From: "Bill Gallik" <billgallik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Woodworker" <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:38:56 -0600

Can anybody on this list tell me if they know if there is such a thing as an automatic wood burning tool? What I'm looking for is a machine that you could program to burn a word or phrase into a piece of wood. Of course this tool would need to be able to identify the size of the wood stock, whether to center the word/phrase, depth of burn (or cut) and the word/phrase to inscribe on said wood stock.

I suspect this would be a very expensive bit of equipment, but I'm considering an endeavor that would be very well served by such.
Holland's Boy, Bill
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option” - gabrielita