[blindeudora] Re: missing some columns

  • From: Tom S <tsykora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:39:55 -0500

Hi Bud,
I have not been able to correct it yet. Not only is the in box column deal corrupted, but spell checking works intermittently, and when composing an email, if I do a typo and then go back and try to correct it, jaws will not speak the correction and it makes sending a post a bit uncomfortable because I never know if the corrected words will be spelled correctly . When I arrow over words that I know dead certain I have re done correctly, jaws will say blank blank blank for the letters that should be there. I guess its time to retire this copy of Eudora and start fresh. I have held off re installing Eudora because I do not know how or even where to start associating red and unread deals for jaws, so I keep limping along with this bloated, buggy copy that should be retired. I would try the suggested deleting of the to file but without knowing more what a toc file is and what the ramifications of such an action might be, I am hesitant to plow forward. For instance, before deleting said toc file, should I empty the in box of al messages. I have seven hundred in there now and would hate to lose them. In the bigger scheme of things I am a neophyte jaws user and this makes me reluctant to mess with things until I know exactly what I am doing and the consequences.
Sorry I couldn't help,
Tom

At 04:43 PM 10/4/2007, you wrote:

Hi Tom,

My in box and out box are both affected some. What did you do to get it corrected?

Bud
At 02:23 PM 10/4/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
The exact same thing has happened to me with only the in box affected.
Tom

At 10:29 AM 10/4/2007, you wrote:

Hi Gang,

All of a sudden I am missing some of the columns in my received mail such as name and unread. I've gone through all the options and can't seem to find where to fix it. It just all of a sudden got that way without me changing anything. I forget the version of Eudora, but it's a fairly recent version. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California