[blindeudora] Port settings, where are they?

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:41:51 -0800

Most of the time, I use Outlook Express 6.  However, Eudora
has quite a bit going for it.  One of my favorite features
is Eudora's ability to bounce messages rather than just
forwarding them.

At any rate, I had occasion to set up a new account in
Eudora and was thoroughly baffled by my inability to
ascertain where one chooses port numbers.  The only thing I
found was an alternate port submission option to select port
587.  I need to be able to set the pop3 port to 995 and the
smtp port to 465.  I presume that the defaults are 25 and
110 but do not know how to deal with this.  Feedback is much
appreciated.

Also, I have thus faar found no way to delete an existing
email account in Eudora.  If this is possible, please
explain the procedure.

Don Roberts

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora