[blindeudora] Re: Eudora checking email at start-up

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:29:43 -0500

What you might want to do is to go in to the tools, options, and in the checking mail category, there is a setting called, "don't check for mail without a network connection, make sure this one is checked. Then, you can put a 0 in the "check for mail every edit box, and this will stop eudora from checking upon start up.

When you feel that you are getting tired of hitting ctrl+m to check your mail then you might try putting a number in the "check for mail every", edit box, and see what happens.

Beings eudora is now open source there is a public redistration code and the instructions are below:
1. Open Eudora
2. Click on "help" and then "payment and registration"
3. Click on "enter your code" toward the bottom of the window
4. Enter the following exactly, including capitalization and spacing:
Eudora  Registration Code: 7127-4793-5861-6280
First Name: Pennsylvania State University
Last Name: SiteLicense
5. Click on "ok" and return to the "payment and registration" window. Then click
on "Paid mode" at the top and close the window.

now as far as the screen talking when you open eudora, it gets a little tricky here, but you close eudora first and open your eudora.ini file, and insert the following line just under the "[settings]" line
nosplashscreen=1
make sure that this text is on a line all by itself, and save and close the eudora.ini file, then restart eudora, the change is wonderful.

Hope that helps!

At 12, 59 12/27/2009, you wrote:
Hi all,

I'm not having any trouble with Eudora reading email, although pressing Z when the messages opens sure helps.

I am getting an loging error when Eudora checks my email at startup. After it's initial check, however, I can check my mail just fine without any errors. When I test each account, they all work fine accept the initial check on startup. Any thoughts?

Also, can anyone direct me to where I can get a registration code so I don't have to listen to the initial screen which says this is an unpaid version and will display advertisements? It appears to have all the features, but I sure would like to get rid of that opening screen.

Bless the Lord o my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Stewart A Overbey Jr.
Skype: Stewart.Overbey
Cell: 706-474-1336

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4720 (20091227) __________

'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is
a well armed lamb contesting the vote!'
Author: Benjamin Franklin