[blindeudora] Re: Eudora 7.1.09 and jaws 11 - was: Re: Re: Eudora Version 7.1.0.9 and window7

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:43:03 -0500

In addition, it's as though there were no line feed characters. Everything is just strung together until each line is filled.

And JAWS find doesn't work. If you close the message and reopen it three or four times--sometimes five or six--it all straightens out and llooks/works fine.

At 01:51 PM 4/7/2010, you wrote:
I do not have access to any win 7 machine and thus cannot comment on Eudora in that environment.

However, I had some issues when trying jaws 11 with Eudora some time ago. Occasionally it would give me an error about not finding the end of hheaders and not starting to read from the top of the mesage body. This was an infrequent occurrence,however, and I cannot tell for sure if it happened more often than with previous versions of jaws.

What I found most annoying and problemematic was that jaws 11 needed quite some time to load the mesage into the virtual buffer, announce the link count and begin reading or have me manually initiate a SayAll to read my mesages. This happened whether I opened each message from the list of mesasges in the mailbox or whether I tabbed into the preview pane and read the mesage there.

Since I get quite a bit of mesage traffic, this is a real problem and I reverted back to my earlier version of jaws that works well and reliably with Eudora. I do hope this issue gets fixed soon. I wonder if it is a scripting issue or if there is something wrong in jaws's code itself. I had been hoping that some of our scripters on here might have come up with a fix.

Cheers,

Doris

At 06:14 PM 4/7/2010 +0100, you wrote:
If you use the preview pain formatting should not be a problem.

At 18:11 07/04/2010, you wrote:
As you can see from the headers, I am using Eudora with windows 7. I have some formatting issues with the text, as reported by some other users with JAWS11, but send/receive is working fine.

FS is aware of the formatting problems. I'm hoping for a fix soon. If I go to 'reply', messages format themselves nicely. Maybe 1 out of 5 times I open a message it's okay; but the rest of the time I have to finagle. I have used Eudora over ten years, and still prefer to fight it rather than giving up.

Good luck!

Ann

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora