[blindeudora] Eudora 6 and Jaws 10 much faster?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:35:52 -0400

I'm still using Eudora 6 on an older XP system.

Does anybody else find it much snappier with Jaws 10 compared to Jaws 11? In fact, I even leave Jaws 10 on the system exclusively for going through my daily email.

I usually just open the first message, arrow down the first couple lines to determine the contents, and if I don't want to read it, I hit delete and the next message pops open. With Jaws 10 there is almost no delay when I issue the delete command and can start exploring the next message. With Jaws 11 it seems to take a lot longer to settle down, examine the screen or whatever it's doing.

Anybody else notice this? Am I likely to notice any performance improvements if I upgrade to Eudora 7?

thanks
Chris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora