[blindeudora] Something to Try - Re: Eudora 6 and Jaws 10 much faster?

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 05:20:26 -0400

Hi,Chris,

you may want to try something to see if it helps any:

1. Make a backup of your Eudora scripts from jaws 11 and/or your script directory from jaws 11.

2. go to your jaws 10 script directory and copy out the Eudora scripts from jaws 10.

3. Copy your jaws 10 Eudora scripts into your jaws 11 script directory. If you did not delete the jaws 11 Eudora scripts, confirm overwriting them with the ones from jaws 10.

4. Restart jaws 11 and see if you notice any performance improvements in jaws 11 when using the older scripts from jaws 10.

After your post to the list, I dug up jaws 10 and tried the above and found that it seems to pretty much cure the lag in loading of mesages when using the Microsoft (hmtl) viewer.

I had tried replacing jaws 11's eudora scripts with those of jaws 9.0 before but those did not work because of the change in hadnling msaa information. I had not tried the scripts from jaws 10.0 before because I did not think of it and did not, in general, think that much of jaws 10 as I had had some issues wiht it on my machine here - nothing to do with Eudora.

Now, I am running Eudora 7.1 here on my box but do not think the lag issue is to do with the Eudora version. If what you have is working for you otherwise, I'd stick with it until you upgrade your version of windows.

Just my two Euro cents. Again, if you decide to try the above, make a backup of the scripts you have in case this doesn't work for you. Of course, a repair of jaws would also put things back but it is much better IMO to have a bakcup and to be able to put things back selectively if needed.

hth

Doris
At 12:35 PM 5/26/2010 -0400, you wrote:
I'm still using Eudora 6 on an older XP system.

Does anybody else find it much snappier with Jaws 10 compared to Jaws 11? In fact, I even leave Jaws 10 on the system exclusively for going through my daily email.

I usually just open the first message, arrow down the first couple lines to determine the contents, and if I don't want to read it, I hit delete and the next message pops open. With Jaws 10 there is almost no delay when I issue the delete command and can start exploring the next message. With Jaws 11 it seems to take a lot longer to settle down, examine the screen or whatever it's doing.

Anybody else notice this? Am I likely to notice any performance improvements if I upgrade to Eudora 7?

thanks
Chris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora