[blindeudora] Re: Attachment warning message

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxx
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:46:38 -0500

hmmm, when the window comes up, have you tried tabbing to see if there's a checkbox to not show this again?

Legend has it that on Sunday 10/24/2010 01:42 PM, Brad Dunse said:
It is a strange thing as I've gone through every single option in Eudora assuming maybe it was hidden. Its not a huge deal over all, occasional pain in the cheeks :). In case anyone is interested the below is the message I get. It doesn't matter what file attachment I open while in Eudora.

Warning!
The file "SLW print pg numbers 1-149 brf.BRF" in
"c:\docume~1\braddu~1\applic~1\qualcomm\eudora\attach" may
contain programs or macros.  Opening it might transmit your data
over the Internet or alter, damage, or remove files and applications
on your computer.  Unless you were expecting this file from this
sender, you may not wish to open it.
Do you wish to open it?
Open Cancel

Hey northstar1950@xxxxxxxx On 10/24/2010 12:28 PM you said...
hmmm, never received any message like that. i did find out to stop having conflicts with active sync for my windows mobile phone was to turn off mapi in eudora alltogether.
Legend has it that on Sunday 10/24/2010 12:07 PM, Brad Dunse said:
I've looked through all the settings options in Eudora 7.1, plus ran a search for "warn" in the ini file to try to rid the warning telling you unless you knew this attachment was coming it might send stuff over the net and etc.. I had that shut off in 6.2 somehow but can't seem to find any reference to shutting it off in the Getting Attention, Extra Warnings or elsewhere. I see where where it will warn you of starting up programs from a message or starting one outside ofEudora based off a message but that's it.

Brad

Brad Dunse

Find out what you do best, make it your job...
And never work another day in your life. --Anonymous

E Mail: brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5560 (20101024) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora