[blindeudora] Re: Attachment warning message

  • From: Brad Dunse <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:53:20 -0500

Chris,

Thanks but those have been checked to not give a warning already :).

Brad

Christopher Maule-Oatway, On 10/25/2010  03:27 PM you said...
Hello,

Go to 'Tools', 'Options', 'Extra Warnings'. Two of the checkboxes that are checked by default say, "Launch a program from a message', and 'Launch a program externally'. Uncheck both these boxes and, hopefully, you should not be warned again!

Cheers,

Christopher

At 13:42 24/10/2010 -0500, you wrote:
It is a strange thing as I've gone through every single option in Eudora assuming maybe it was hidden. Its not a huge deal over all, occasional pain in the cheeks :). In case anyone is interested the below is the message I get. It doesn't matter what file attachment I open while in Eudora.

Warning!
The file "SLW print pg numbers 1-149 brf.BRF" in
"c:\docume~1\braddu~1\applic~1\qualcomm\eudora\attach" may
contain programs or macros.  Opening it might transmit your data
over the Internet or alter, damage, or remove files and applications
on your computer.  Unless you were expecting this file from this
sender, you may not wish to open it.
Do you wish to open it?
Open Cancel

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5562 (20101025) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat

E Mail: brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse