[blindcooks] Re: josey baker bread again

  • From: "Charlene Ota" <caota4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 22:59:46 -0600

Hi, John, Actually, you might give a book a chance first, for one thing.
Also, for most people, breadmaking is very intimidating and when someone
writes a book about the process that is on one hand very basic and simple,
and on the other hand, includes the science of breadmaking as part of the
process and explains why parts of the process are very exacting, it might
really open up the world to people as to how to make good bread. Actually,
the book is very specific about flours, starting with the simplest bread
using bread flour, water, yeast and salt and moving on gradually adding
things but first getting the very basic breadmaking process down. The person
who wrote the book is a bread baker. I haven't had a chance to read a lot of
the book, but the first couple lessons made me think of you because this
person is so specific about the process of making good bread and explains it
in a very concise but fun kind of way so it most likely appeals to more than
just the experienced bakers. As the book moves on, it gets into more
varieties of breads and baking. The process is different than I've ever done
before, but I am thinking about giving it a try because some of his process
is done to help develop the flavor of the bread. The first lesson is the
most basic bread there is, the second lesson uses a fermentation process
first, and then mixes the loaf and rises it. The step by step details that
this person uses are part of why I brought it to your attention thinking it
might be something you'd find interesting because it isn't just for the
unexperienced baker and the information in the book is far more detailed and
informative than most bread recipes ever are. I mean, come on, if Alice
Waters can write a review in support of it, it can't be some sort of
fly-by-night stupid bread book! (smile!)