blind_html Re: [Nimer's Political Blog] [Fwd: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing Hous...

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 00:16:16 -0600

All right, I admit, I'm a femnale. That doesnt change the fact that one of my moderators unsubbed you once before and you came back. That doesn't change the fact that it takes me thirty seconds to manually unsub you. And it doesn't change the fact that _you're the one who wants off my list and apparently you are unable to follow instructions. I am not going to take the time to have this discussion again on my list. Post something like this again, and you will be reported to freelists as well as your ISP for spamming my list.

Thanks
Nimer J

Betteye wrote:
Trust me! This is the game SHE plays. I've had my own list before you can unsub a person manually. SHE wants this type of notoriety! This is definitely a female.
Kick me off the list?
            Sender: noreply+feedproxy@xxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:noreply%2Bfeedproxy@xxxxxxxxxx>
            Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:17:48 +0000
            Subject: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House
            for the Blind
            From: Fred's Head from APH <fredshead@xxxxxxx
            <mailto:fredshead@xxxxxxx>>
            To: nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>

            Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
            <http://www.fredshead.info/>

<http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http://feeds.feedburner.com/FredsHeadCompanion

<http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http://feeds.feedburner.com/FredsHeadCompanion>>

            Link to Fred's Head from APH <http://www.fredshead.info/>

            How Big is My World?

<http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/x2ylGJYAnYI/how-big-is-my-world.html>

            by Donna J. Jodhan

            In the normal scheme of things, my world should be as big
            as I want it
            to be but in today's society it is very difficult for me
            to define the
            size of my world. You see, my world is not really in my
            hands. For the
            most part and sadly so, my world remains in the hands of
            society and I
            can tell you that there are days where I wish I could
            change this; but I
            can't. Sad but true.

            One of my favorite quotations is by Robert F. Kennedy:
            "Some men see
            things as they are and say why! I dream things that never
            were and say
            why not!" And this is the philosophy that I use every day
            of my life in
            order to define my world in my own way.

            You may be wondering why I would say that my world is not
            in my hands
            but rather in the hands of society and I'll tell you why.

            Society has inadvertently and continues to erect countless
            barriers for
            me and for others who are blind and visually impaired.
            They have erected
            daunting barriers for millions of persons with
            disabilities and have
            even gone the extra mile to do the same for seniors. In
            the case of
            persons with disabilities, and in particular persons who
            are blind and
            visually impaired, one of the most challenging barriers
            that I and my
            cofrères face is a barrier called Attitude.

            This barrier is nothing new and has been around for too
            long and if I
            and my cofrères do not take steps to bring it down, then I
            am afraid
            that we will find ourselves inadvertently short changing
            tomorrow's
            generation of disabled kids of a better future. In short,
            if we do not
            start to pro-act in stead of react, we will be robbing our
            disabled kids
            of their rights to a future that ought to include them as
            contributing
            members to society.

            All my life I have had to battle attitude barriers from
            society. As
            early as I can remember: My parents had to battle the
            system to allow me
            to obtain my formal education. Then as a university
            student I had to
            endure constant remarks from those professors who made no
            effort to hide
            their discontent about having a blind student in their
            class. In the
            workplace I and others have had to deal with the narrow
            mindedness of
            managers and co-workers alike who do not believe that
            blind and visually
            impaired persons can be productive and this is why I am so
            glad that I
            can now use the Internet as my workplace. Most of my
            clients are
            blissfully unaware that I am blind and frankly, they would
            probably not
            care as long as I was able to perform to their satisfaction.

            I am not content to sit back and wait for things to happen
            and this is
            why I have managed to expand my world much more than many
            others like
            me. I challenged an ice skating school to teach me to ice
            skate. I have
            learned to play chess. I have written two books. I have
            hang glided,
            sailed, and even driven around in a parking lot. No, I am
            not showing
            off! Just trying to motivate others to expand their world.
            Nothing is
            impossible if you put your mind to it but to be possible
            one has to be
            realistic.

            The attitude barrier needs to be addressed and if I want
            to be
            charitable which I am, I can say that 99.9% of the time,
            this barrier is
            erected by those who are limited by such things as:
            Cultural beliefs,
            fear of the unknown, fear of interacting with those who
            are different,
            and an unwillingness to learn new things and meet new
            people. I am going
            to give you three websites that you can visit in order to
            learn more
            about the world of blind and visually impaired persons.
            http://www.nfb.org, http://www.acb.org and
            http://www.afb.org.

            I'm Donna J. Jodhan, an accessibility and special needs
            business
            consultant wishing you a terrific day. If you'd like to
            learn more about
            me, then you can visit some of my blog spots at:
            Donna Jodhan! Advocating accessibility for all:
            http://www.donnajodhan.blogspot.com
            <http://www.donnajodhan.blogspot.com>
            Weekly Saturday postings on issues of accessibility:
            http://www.sterlingcreations.ca/blog/blog.html
            <http://www.sterlingcreations.ca/blog/blog.html>
            blogs on various issues and answers to consumers concerns:
            http://www.sterlingcreations.com/businessdesk.htm
            <http://www.sterlingcreations.com/businessdesk.htm>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Eff/FredsHeadCompanion?a=x2ylGJYAnYI:UCI5JhCEbtU:yIl2AUoC8zA>

            You are subscribed to email updates from Fred's Head from APH
            <http://www.fredshead.info/>
            To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now

            Email delivery powered by Google

            Posted By Nimer Jaber to Nimer's Political Blog

<http://nimerjaber.blogspot.com/2009/10/fwd-freds-head-companion-american.html>
            at 10/07/2009 08:21:00 AM

blind_html
with unsubscribe in the subject line.