blind_html Re: [Nimer's Political Blog] [Fwd: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing Hous...

  • From: "Betteye" <the_boldens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:24:25 -0400

I have done that several times, this lady has reregistered me without my

I've tried all the rules that I know? Unsub, Unsubscribe, in the subject and
the body, then body only without subject you name it.
I'm going to contact my provider displaying my exhibits of me trying to
unsubscribe. This lady simply wants me on her list. This is a dye hard

    Sender: noreply+feedproxy@xxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:17:48 +0000
    Subject: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
    From: Fred's Head from APH <fredshead@xxxxxxx>
    To: nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx

    Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind

    Link to Fred's Head from APH <>

    How Big is My World?

    by Donna J. Jodhan

    In the normal scheme of things, my world should be as big as I want it
    to be but in today's society it is very difficult for me to define the
    size of my world. You see, my world is not really in my hands. For the
    most part and sadly so, my world remains in the hands of society and I
    can tell you that there are days where I wish I could change this; but I
    can't. Sad but true.

    One of my favorite quotations is by Robert F. Kennedy: "Some men see
    things as they are and say why! I dream things that never were and say
    why not!" And this is the philosophy that I use every day of my life in
    order to define my world in my own way.

    You may be wondering why I would say that my world is not in my hands
    but rather in the hands of society and I'll tell you why.

    Society has inadvertently and continues to erect countless barriers for
    me and for others who are blind and visually impaired. They have erected
    daunting barriers for millions of persons with disabilities and have
    even gone the extra mile to do the same for seniors. In the case of
    persons with disabilities, and in particular persons who are blind and
    visually impaired, one of the most challenging barriers that I and my
    cofrères face is a barrier called Attitude.

    This barrier is nothing new and has been around for too long and if I
    and my cofrères do not take steps to bring it down, then I am afraid
    that we will find ourselves inadvertently short changing tomorrow's
    generation of disabled kids of a better future. In short, if we do not
    start to pro-act in stead of react, we will be robbing our disabled kids
    of their rights to a future that ought to include them as contributing
    members to society.

    All my life I have had to battle attitude barriers from society. As
    early as I can remember: My parents had to battle the system to allow me
    to obtain my formal education. Then as a university student I had to
    endure constant remarks from those professors who made no effort to hide
    their discontent about having a blind student in their class. In the
    workplace I and others have had to deal with the narrow mindedness of
    managers and co-workers alike who do not believe that blind and visually
    impaired persons can be productive and this is why I am so glad that I
    can now use the Internet as my workplace. Most of my clients are
    blissfully unaware that I am blind and frankly, they would probably not
    care as long as I was able to perform to their satisfaction.

    I am not content to sit back and wait for things to happen and this is
    why I have managed to expand my world much more than many others like
    me. I challenged an ice skating school to teach me to ice skate. I have
    learned to play chess. I have written two books. I have hang glided,
    sailed, and even driven around in a parking lot. No, I am not showing
    off! Just trying to motivate others to expand their world. Nothing is
    impossible if you put your mind to it but to be possible one has to be

    The attitude barrier needs to be addressed and if I want to be
    charitable which I am, I can say that 99.9% of the time, this barrier is
    erected by those who are limited by such things as: Cultural beliefs,
    fear of the unknown, fear of interacting with those who are different,
    and an unwillingness to learn new things and meet new people. I am going
    to give you three websites that you can visit in order to learn more
    about the world of blind and visually impaired persons., and

    I'm Donna J. Jodhan, an accessibility and special needs business
    consultant wishing you a terrific day. If you'd like to learn more about
    me, then you can visit some of my blog spots at:
    Donna Jodhan! Advocating accessibility for all: <>
    Weekly Saturday postings on issues of accessibility:
    blogs on various issues and answers to consumers concerns:

    You are subscribed to email updates from Fred's Head from APH
    To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now
    Email delivery powered by Google

    Posted By Nimer Jaber to Nimer's Political Blog at 10/07/2009 08:21:00 AM