blind_html Re: [Nimer's Political Blog] [Fwd: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing Hous...

  • From: "Betteye" <the_boldens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 02:08:48 -0400

Trust me!  This is the game SHE plays.  I've had my own list before you can
unsub a person manually. SHE wants this type of notoriety! This is definitely a
female.
Kick me off the list?

      Sender: noreply+feedproxy@xxxxxxxxxx
      Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:17:48 +0000
      Subject: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
      From: Fred's Head from APH <fredshead@xxxxxxx>
      To: nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx

      Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
      <http://www.fredshead.info/>

<http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http://feeds.feedburner.com/FredsHeadCompanion>

      Link to Fred's Head from APH <http://www.fredshead.info/>

      How Big is My World?

<http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/x2ylGJYAnYI/how-big-is-my-world.html>

      by Donna J. Jodhan

      In the normal scheme of things, my world should be as big as I want it
      to be but in today's society it is very difficult for me to define the
      size of my world. You see, my world is not really in my hands. For the
      most part and sadly so, my world remains in the hands of society and I
      can tell you that there are days where I wish I could change this; but I
      can't. Sad but true.

      One of my favorite quotations is by Robert F. Kennedy: "Some men see
      things as they are and say why! I dream things that never were and say
      why not!" And this is the philosophy that I use every day of my life in
      order to define my world in my own way.

      You may be wondering why I would say that my world is not in my hands
      but rather in the hands of society and I'll tell you why.

      Society has inadvertently and continues to erect countless barriers for
      me and for others who are blind and visually impaired. They have erected
      daunting barriers for millions of persons with disabilities and have
      even gone the extra mile to do the same for seniors. In the case of
      persons with disabilities, and in particular persons who are blind and
      visually impaired, one of the most challenging barriers that I and my
      cofrères face is a barrier called Attitude.

      This barrier is nothing new and has been around for too long and if I
      and my cofrères do not take steps to bring it down, then I am afraid
      that we will find ourselves inadvertently short changing tomorrow's
      generation of disabled kids of a better future. In short, if we do not
      start to pro-act in stead of react, we will be robbing our disabled kids
      of their rights to a future that ought to include them as contributing
      members to society.

      All my life I have had to battle attitude barriers from society. As
      early as I can remember: My parents had to battle the system to allow me
      to obtain my formal education. Then as a university student I had to
      endure constant remarks from those professors who made no effort to hide
      their discontent about having a blind student in their class. In the
      workplace I and others have had to deal with the narrow mindedness of
      managers and co-workers alike who do not believe that blind and visually
      impaired persons can be productive and this is why I am so glad that I
      can now use the Internet as my workplace. Most of my clients are
      blissfully unaware that I am blind and frankly, they would probably not
      care as long as I was able to perform to their satisfaction.

      I am not content to sit back and wait for things to happen and this is
      why I have managed to expand my world much more than many others like
      me. I challenged an ice skating school to teach me to ice skate. I have
      learned to play chess. I have written two books. I have hang glided,
      sailed, and even driven around in a parking lot. No, I am not showing
      off! Just trying to motivate others to expand their world. Nothing is
      impossible if you put your mind to it but to be possible one has to be
      realistic.

      The attitude barrier needs to be addressed and if I want to be
      charitable which I am, I can say that 99.9% of the time, this barrier is
      erected by those who are limited by such things as: Cultural beliefs,
      fear of the unknown, fear of interacting with those who are different,
      and an unwillingness to learn new things and meet new people. I am going
      to give you three websites that you can visit in order to learn more
      about the world of blind and visually impaired persons.
      http://www.nfb.org, http://www.acb.org and http://www.afb.org.

      I'm Donna J. Jodhan, an accessibility and special needs business
      consultant wishing you a terrific day. If you'd like to learn more about
      me, then you can visit some of my blog spots at:
      Donna Jodhan! Advocating accessibility for all:
      http://www.donnajodhan.blogspot.com <http://www.donnajodhan.blogspot.com>
      Weekly Saturday postings on issues of accessibility:
      http://www.sterlingcreations.ca/blog/blog.html
      <http://www.sterlingcreations.ca/blog/blog.html>
      blogs on various issues and answers to consumers concerns:
      http://www.sterlingcreations.com/businessdesk.htm
      <http://www.sterlingcreations.com/businessdesk.htm>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Eff/FredsHeadCompanion?a=x2ylGJYAnYI:UCI5JhCEbtU:yIl2AUoC8zA>

      You are subscribed to email updates from Fred's Head from APH
      <http://www.fredshead.info/>
      To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now

      Email delivery powered by Google

      Posted By Nimer Jaber to Nimer's Political Blog at 10/07/2009 08:21:00 AM