blind_html Re: Jury duty and blindness.

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:47:19 -0700

the way I see it, a blind person should not serve on jury duty. While I feel that blind individuals should have the rights of everyone else, there are cases where being able to see the defendant and the plaintiff is important. Also, I can't think of a case where there is no visual evidence. So, would a blind individual really be able to make a non biased decision based on evidence?

Nimer J

prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete

Jim Lu. wrote:
OK, let's carry this one over from the blind computer users list where we can take it a little further than I will allow over there. Should a blind person serve on a jury or not and what are the reasoning?