blind_html Re: Jury duty and blindness.

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:48:39 -0700

Except there is a lot you can tell from a person's way of carrying themselves. I mean, if a defendant is crying or laughing, stuff like that. These are cues that blind individuals would miss.

thanks
Nimer J

it
review,
reliance
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Really, I think it depends upon the case. For example, if it's a murder case where there is loads of visual evidence then no I don't think a blind person should because they wouldn't be able to see the evidence and make a decision on it. However, if the case isn't loaded with visual evidence then really I don't think it would matter much.