[blazie-support] Re: getting a braille lite 18 and braille lite2000 repaired

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:35:38 -0500

I believe that will work on the Icon.  No, .zip files don't work.  .tar.gz
is sort of the .zip for Linux.  Also, if you are a bookshare member, you may
want to download there books on Python (The programming language for Linux).
I am just beginning to learn Python.  Also, how well do you know the command
line?  To run a .tar.gz file, you need the console.  some _arm.ipk files
that are made for the Icon will work outside of the console, such as
Levelstar/APH's built in apps, but, I am not really sure of the difference
between the _arm.ipk files in the console and the _arm.ipk files on the main
unit.  You should probably post something to the tech list.

Chase Crispin
Administrator and moderator of the Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog, and soon to
be website!
Blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com/
 APH training video feed: