[blazie-support] Re: The List so quiet

  • From: "Donna K." <donnak39@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:35:17 -0500

Hello Steve.

I've been a note taker user for 3 years now.  I've seen other note takers,
used them a very little bit and I have found the Blazie products to be the
best so far.

I like the note takers like the BLT which is my favorite, the BNS and TNS
because they have been very dependable and they have the necessary features.
The 3 of them have been much more dependable then any computer I've ever
used or even heard about anyone else using.

The big problem with the 3 of them have been the batteries and results that
I've seen when people send their stuff back to have the batteries supposedly
replaced and their machines updated.  Aside from those very few things which
I guess could be major to most, I would get rid of my computer before I got
rid of my note takers any day.

One thing I should mention on list and I'm sure most people know this.
There is obviously at least one person who didn't know this though.

If anyone sends their note takers into FS to have the batteries replaced,
and/or their machines updated ask them to let you know if you need to charge
the batteries when you receive the machine.  Also, if you are noticing crazy
things taking place with the thing, be sure to get right to contacting
someone from Technical Support so that you don't end up throwing $100.00+
away!

I know someone who sent their machine in, had the above mentioned done to it
supposedly, it never worked from the time this person received it back, no
one ever told them to charge the battery, for some reason, this machine had
a problem with the battery indicator after it came back.  At first I thought
maybe the person had turned it off so I just set it so that it would be on.
A little while later, I'd go back and check, and this thing was off.  I then
have reinstalled the update a few times to see if this would make a
difference.  Not at all.  I then went back to 2000 and it did stay on.
Still, the battery was shot whether it had been replaced, rebuilt or not and
the person never bothered to call and discuss this with the powers that be.
Instead they just got angry and said that they were not going to spend
anymore time/cash on this particular product.  I spent a total of maybe 20
minutes and a few dollars and that machine is just like it was built
perfectly yesterday.  So, just knowing that I am able to bail myself out of
situations with these products is a blessing in itself.

Anyway, for what its worth, I thought I'd share with everyone this
information so that maybe somewhere down the road, it will save someone a
lot of trouble.  To think that this person was ready to send the poor
machine to the round file was horrifying!  I'd rather fix these things up
and let someone have one who would not be able to ever afford one!

I don't have any extras right now so, I can't help anyone out!  <grin>

Have a good day all.
Donna