[bksvol-discuss] Re: who we are

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 01:41:03 -0500

I completely understand. I am speaking privately to Janice as well as posing questions on this list.

My background in market research, demographics and survey study design for qualitative and quantitative interviewing projects is at the heart of my interest. I would like to engage with bookshare on a more official basis and perhaps work with them some on these issues. I totally understand your coments and know much of this information to be the kind of proprietary info of interest to marketing and sales folks.

Hence my questions.

E.

At 01:35 AM 3/13/2006, you wrote:

E,

The questions you outlined are excellent.  However, because of business
reasons, I highly doubt that Bookshare staff will be able to answer any of
them.  While you, as a volunteer,  may be curious about receiving answers to
these questions, it is difficult for Bookshare's business if this data were
to be released to the public.  It has many PR ramifications--especially when
Bookshare must use this data for grants etc.  I am certain that some data
will be released when subscription numbers are high enough to make it
effective for Bookshare to do so.

Sincerely,

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Director, CUNY Assistive Technology Services (CATS)
The City University of New York
T: 718-997-3775
F: 718-997-5895
E: pratik.patel@xxxxxxxxxxx