[bksvol-discuss] Re: unzipped and lost in space

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:23:16 -0400

Evan,

It works beautifully but can I press my luck.  There are some words
legitimately in  "bold" print in the book I am working on but very few.  If it
were possible, if I could set the format/font for the whole book I could
eliminate all of the bold print and then insert it in those rare places where
it is needed and legitimate. The same would be true of a change in font size.
as all the page headings come out in bold and larger size than needed.  Now
that I now how I have been emboldened to debold all of them as they are
noticeable only to the sighted and I find them more of a distraction as they
are. The headings themselves are helpful since there are 17 stories in this
collection and while they are different I do find it helpful to remind myself
which one I am reading. The page numbers are in so small and light a print that
if I did not add them in most cases they would not be there or what is there is
not a clear, correct number. I was changing them as I scanned but it takes so
long that way I will wait until I validate before correcting them. I just check
to make sure that each page has a limited number of corrections needed - which
I plan to do myself - or I will rescan until it comes out as close to flawless
as possible. Thus a preliminary correction throughout to get the font and print
correct would be enormously timesaving, The K-1000's word correction has been a
lifesaver for just that.

Amy