[bksvol-discuss] Re: trouble with a book scan

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:31:21 -0400

Hi Scott,

If the pages are dealing with a journal they are probably fonts that simulate, or pictures of, hand writing. If that is the case you probably won't have any success in getting an OCR package to deal with them effectively. Unfortunately, you will probably have to get a sighted volunteer, or someone, to type them in manually. I guess I would also ask if they are essential to the plot of the book?

Dave

At 03:45 PM 5/22/2005, you wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm encountering difficulty scanning part of a book, about six pages worth. In this particular section, a character is reading entries from a journal, and they must be in a different color or font size or style because they aren't clear at all in Openbook.

Now, is there a way I could send these scanned pages to someone so they might decipher the difficult text? Again, I'm using Openbook which has an exact view feature, but I don't know whether it would be accessible to someone who doesn't have Openbook.
Any other ideas on how I can read the text?

Thanks,
Scott