[bksvol-discuss] Re: trouble reinstalling optec 3600

  • From: Laura Ann <agapetouchmassage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:50:30 -0600

Bud
I have done the same thing and had simular results.
The tech support person at Plus tek is no help.
He had me install the wrong driver at first and spoke poorly about adaptive equipment.

Now my computer doesn't even recognize that their is a scanner when I plug it in. It does a hardware error sound and now their are no scanner components installed in windowsl.

I am pulling my hair out too and very frustrated.
I haven't been able to scan and have lots to work on.

I am running windows XP pro and using K 1000 V 11.
I uninstalled the drivers from control pannel add remove programs.
then reinstalled the opticbook 3600 drivers from the web site after I downloaded them.

I too got the same error and now there is no scanner components installed.

The lamp on my scanner stays on all the time too unless I turn off the scanner....that has been the case since I got it and I am now realizing its not suppose to do that.
My mom noticed it was staying on all night.

So I am right with you Bud.
I don't have answers and am very frustrated.
The Plustek tech support man is always the same and he has been insistant I am installing the drivers wrong.

I haven't told him about the component in windows missing.
I don't trust him and don't want a larger mess.

So am at a dead end.
Laura Ann
At 11:56 PM 11/25/2008, you wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm really in trouble now. I downloaded the driver for my 3600. Then I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. Now if I try to use the scanner I get the message that it can't detect a scanner. When I look at all the files where it normallly listed the scanner it just says plustec 3600 twain with no other choice like there used to be I uninstalled it again and installed it again with no more results. Any ideas? I hate to be so inept but it has me pulling my hair which I don't egven have any more.
Thanks for any ideas..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California