[bksvol-discuss] Re: should page numbers be moved?

  • From: Laura Ann <agapetouchmassage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:55:00 -0500

good idea....I emailed you off list with an idea as well.
and some of the most recent titles I worked on.
Hope that helps.
Laura Ann
At 11:37 AM 3/28/2009, you wrote:
Hi Bob and Everyone,

        Okay, I started this, and I'm going to finish it.  This is getting
ridiculous.  I was the one being annoyed and now I'm just more bugged.  Too
much conflicting information.  Here's what I propose.  Everyone, please,
help me out here?  I am going to go download the last five books I've either
submitted or proofread.  I'm going to go check if the chapter headings are
present.  I'm going to look at the most recent of Laura Ann's proofreads, as
she inserts no text  to protect chapter headings. Laura Ann, I'm not
criticizing at all.  I'm actually brilliantly thankful that I have you as a
comparison.  Thank you for being my subject here.  I really am not
chastizing you, just using you as a comparison.  If her chapter headings are
present, then the new stripper is as it is advertised.  If not, something
needs to change.  If chapter headings are present in Laura Ann's books, then
I eat my words, and I apologize most sincerely and grovelingly to everyone
for having started this at all.

Would anyone else be willing to look at their last five proofreads,
preferably only books added to the collection after the launch of the new
web site, and tell us what is the status of their chapter headings, and what
they did or did not do to protect them?

        This seems like the only way to know what is actually happening.
Only each proofreader knows what she did to any given book during
proofreading.  We can put this to rest if we will all go look at our most
recent five proofreads.  Please?  Help me put this absolutely annoying issue
to bed!

Mayrie